Funerals / End Of Life Planning / Shop Funeral Homes
Shop Funeral Homes
Price is not always the only way to make a choice; staff personality, services and and facility are also important factors.
In order to compare prices, ask that products and services be itemized; Funeral homes are required by law to provide a General Price List, which shows the cost of all items offered.
These include but are not limited to:
- Outer burial containers (vaults)
- Staff services
- Transfer of body to funeral home
- Other preparation of the body
- Use of facilities and staff for a Viewing, Funeral ceremony or Memorial Service
- Use of equipment and staff for a graveside service
- Hearse and limousine
- Forwarding remains to another Funeral Home or location
- Receiving remains from another Funeral Home or location
Use sensible shopping techniques for these purchase decisions, similar to any other type of purchase.
- For example, costs are reduced if viewing time is limited, or if the deceased is dressed in their own clothing
- It's not necessary to purchase the most expensive products or services to properly honor the deceased; resist the temptation to emotionally overspend